Sunday, March 16, 2008

Twenty year olds......

Here is a quick report on the Work:
Things are going amazing Elder Romine and I are having so much fun working so hard. Zone Leader council was amazing spiritual experience with tons a great in sites to help become a better leader.
Rita is progressing very well we taught her all the commandments and gave her a strength of youth pamphlet. The only thing that is holding her back is her mom thinks our church is a cult and doesn’t want her to come to church. So we told her to bare her testimony of the Book of Mormon to her mom and also read some of the strength of youth pamphlet with her. I pray that her heart is will softened

Family!!
Things are doing so great I cant express in words the spirit I have felt in the passed few days as I have received instruction from President Middleton and from other Zone Leaders. To explain what happens and how the mission is run, all the Zone leaders gather together with the President and his assistants and we talk and give instruction to each other in the spirit, discussing the needs of the missionaries and what goals we have set to improve each of our individual Zones. To open the meeting we sang hymn #27 “Praise to the Man” while singing the spirit of the Lord touched my heart I realized who I was and who I was with. I am just a kid the only things I would care about in this world would be girls and video games and maybe school if I wasn’t LDS. How does missionary work progress when 20 years olds are running it??? It is the work of the Lord and I know it! If it was not the work of the Lord missionaries would have screwed it up a long time ago. I am so thankful for the chance and opportunity to be a part of the great work of the Lord. I know it.

Love Elder Barrand

No comments: