Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dinner at Bob's


Hey Family!
Things are going great! Elder Rollins and I are working
hard we walk
about 15-20 miles a day and talk to
every person we can and we are having the
best
times of our lives. Elder Rollins is really smart and
knows the gospel
really well he is teaching me a great
many things. Elder Rollins is 6'7 and
about 215 pounds.
So all my companions have been a lot bigger then me
its fun,
but I still pick on him anyways. Thank you so
much for your letters Celeste and
Mom they make my
days! Don you are a stud keep up the good work at
church they
need you to be an example. Dad happy birth
day, there is a recent convert here
named Bob and his
new birth day is Nov 12 2006, and he cant wait to turn
one so
he can go to the temple. Bob has spent 13 of his 44 years of life behind bars,on charges of attempted man
slaughter, and he was a drug dealer, almost made it
to status of drug lord, and robbed a lot of people. But he is
a teddy bear at
heart. He literally has been born again, he feeds us every Sunday and calls us every night to talk
and always gives us the biggest hugs when we see him.
It's amazing what the gospel can do. I love you all and
thanks for your
support
Love Elder Barrand

No comments: